You may reach me (or my answering machine!) by phone most weekday afternoons at 281-486-4747. Note this is an old-fashioned land line and does not accept texts. Please don't call before 10 AM or after 10 PM Central Time.
To pay for services or books via credit card, use my Book Orders page.
Sign up for my FREE Science Snacks newsletter where I discuss one cool science fact or news item (the "snack") in each issue that I think other writers and readers of science fact & fiction will enjoy. I will also announce new publications & appearances where I hope to meet subscribers! Sign up using this pop-up form or the one in the right-hand column. View previous newsletter via my blog.
- Second Mondays. Houston Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Meetup.
- Fourth Tuesdays, 6:30 PM, The Black Labrador on Montrose (at Richmond), Houston Writers House.
- Fourth Thursdays, 7 PM, Clear Lake Park, Bay Area Writers League (BAWL) monthly meeting.
- Saturday, May 6. 10 AM to 4 PM. Workshops for Writers hosted by Houston Writers House. Morning: Write a Short Story in a Day. Afternoon: How to Publish a Book. Location: Southwestern Presbyterian Church in Bellaire. Cost is $30/$35 for either session or $50/$60 for both for members/nonmembers of HWH.
- Saturday, May 13. Comicpalooza at George Brown Convention Center, Houston. Moderating Literary Track panel on Creative Collaborations from 2:30-3:30 & signing books at the Barnes & Noble booth in the exhibit room throughout the day.
- Thursday, June 8. All day. STEM activities/demonstrations & book signing. CCISD "Setting the Trend" librarians conference at Victory Lake Intermediate School in League City.
NASA JSC retirees can be contacted through the NASA Alumni League-JSC Chapter of which I am a member.
Read the best (Nebula nominees & winners) in new science fiction chosen by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America of which I am a member.
Houston space enthusiasts, please join the Clear Lake Area National Space Society and Moon Society Meet-Up of which I am a member.
Future Martians, check out The Callahan Kids: Tales of Life on Mars which includes two of my stories from a girl's perspective.